I am a big fan of the food blog Stonesoup. It is a great repository for quick, easy and delicious recipes that aren’t heavy on breads/carbs. While I adore bread and pasta, I can’t eat it often, and I get bored of my go-to meal of meat and salad.
Today’s recipe is adapted from Jules’s post here. I made the curry in about 10 minutes, using frozen peas and frozen green beans. I threw in a handful of cilantro and chopped scallions to top it off.
4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
1T coconut oil
1 can coconut milk
1.5 cups frozen peas
1.5 cups frozen green beans
block of firm tofu, chopped
cilantro and scallions for garnish.
1. Heat a medium saucepan on a medium high heat.
2. Add the curry paste and coconut oil and cook for about a minute
3. Add the coconut milk. Stir.
3. Add the green beans and cover.
5. After about 3 minutes, add the peas and tofu. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes check that everything is hot and cooked to your liking. Taste, season, and garnish.